- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- 2020 Town of Amherst International Festival
- Decorative Treatment for Traffic Signal Cabinets Initiative
- Nomination form for 2020 Amherst Awards for the Arts
- Tiny Doors
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park (Audubon Alienation)
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
Phase 1 – Scoping Services
Task 1 - Lead Agency Coordination & Positive Declaration
CHA prepared a Full Environmental Assessment Form (FEAF) and conducted Lead Agency
Coordination on behalf of the Town Board. The Town was designated Lead Agency and is responsible for completing the SEQR process.
CHA also prepared Parts 2 and 3 of the FEAF and assisted the Town in issuing a Positive Declaration, issued by the Town Board on May 20, 2019. The Positive Declaration will indicate that one or more impacts on the environment from future development in the project Study Area may result in a significant environmental impact and warrants the preparation of a Draft GEIS.
Task 2 – Public Scoping
CHA prepared a Draft Scoping Document that identified the potentially significant environmental impacts related to future development within the Study Area. The Draft Scoping Document included the content and level of detail of the analysis, the range of alternatives, and the potential mitigation measures required.
The Town conducted a Public Scoping Meeting on June 4, 2019 to allow the public to comment on the Draft Scoping Document. CHA reviewed the public comments with the Town and prepared a Final Scoping Document. The Final Scoping Document will serve as the basis for the GEIS. The Final Scoping Document was approved by the Town Board on June 17, 2019.
- Draft Scoping Document – May 2019
- Public Scoping Meeting Presentation – June 4, 2019
- Public Scoping Meeting Notes – June 4, 2019
- Final Scoping Document – June 2019
Phase 2 - Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement
Task 2 - Preparation of Draft Generic Environmental Impact Statement
The Final Scoping Document approved by the Town Board and linked above served as CHA’s scope of work for preparation of the Draft GEIS. Over the past few months, CHA has prepared a Draft GEIS based on a Projected Growth Redevelopment Scenario over a 20-year planning period. This Scenario serves as the basis for cumulative impact analysis leading to proposed mitigation and in some cases, associated costs that may be considered for the creation of a mitigation cost schedule. The assumptions and potential impacts for land use, zoning, water, sewer and transportation are discussed.
Task 3 – Public Comment Period & Hearing
The Town accepted the Draft GEIS document as complete (as compared to the Final Scope elements/requirements) and adequate for public review on September 3, 2019, issued a Notice of Completion, and set a Town Board public hearing for October 7, 2019 at 7:00pm. The public comment period closed October 17, 2019. Any comments can be sent to the Planning Department.
Phase 3 – Final Environmental Impact Statement
Task 1 - Final Generic Environmental Impact Statement
The Final GEIS will provide a response to substantive comments raised during the public comment period. The responses will elaborate on or clarify information already presented.
Task 2 – Statement of Findings
The Statement of Findings will summarize the Draft and Final GEIS and serve as a basis for the Lead Agency to review future actions in the Study Area. The Mitigation Cost distribution program will be finalized as part of this document.