- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
The Amherst Adult Day Services (AADS) program is designed to meet the needs of chronically ill and impaired adults (age 18 and older) who live in the community. Socialization, assistance with personal care and a wide variety of activities help individuals maintain their independence and promote feelings of self-worth.
Amherst Adult Day Services offers families an opportunity to “take a break” from their ongoing caregiving responsibilities.
Individuals attend on a planned basis, which may range from one to five days per week, according to the participant’s and family’s needs.
A Caring Tradition
Amherst Adult Day Services is a program of the Town of Amherst Department of Senior Services, administered by the Visiting Nursing Association of WNY, an affiliate of Kaleida Health, which has been providing high-quality home care since 1885.
Amherst Adult Day Services provides activities to meet each person’s needs, preferences and pace. Programs emphasize socialization and friendship, and consist of a diversity of activities, including: crafts, music, exercise, cards and games, educational programs, field trips, entertainment and much more.
Our professional staff provides personal attention and tailors activities to meet the needs of each individual. Among the services our staff provides are:
- Breakfast, hot lunch and snacks
- Exercise for all levels of ability
- Assistance with personal care and grooming
- Showers, for a nominal fee
- Monitoring changes in clients' well-being and notifying caregiver
- Medication supervision
Services for Families
- On-site information and referral service
- Liaison with participant’s personal physician and home situation
- Caregiver support and education, including referral to monthly support group meetings
Donations to the Amherst Adult Day Services are tax-deductible to the extent allowable by IRS regulations.
Please call Kristen Jopp for further information at 716-689-1403.
The Amherst Adult Day Services is located in the Amherst Center for Senior Services at 370 John James Audubon Parkway.
We are proud that Kaleida Health is our parent company.