- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- 2020 Town of Amherst International Festival
- Decorative Treatment for Traffic Signal Cabinets Initiative
- Nomination form for 2020 Amherst Awards for the Arts
- Tiny Doors
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park (Audubon Alienation)
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 2
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
- Town of Amherst Emergency Operations Center, Planning Division
Tree Inventory & Community Tree Management Plan
The Town of Amherst applied and received a forestry grant from the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation (“DEC”). The Town does not have a complete inventory placing the Town of Amherst in a position of reduced capacity to fully develop, capitalize upon, and utilize its street tree and park tree population as an influential tool in the creation and provision of aesthetic and environmental benefits. A comprehensive tree inventory is a powerful and indispensable urban forest management tool that guides the development of a sustainable, diverse, and healthy street tree population. The data collected will be used to analyze the species, size, and health compositions of the Town’s existing street tree population.
The benefits of a public tree inventory are significant. This information will be used to direct street tree planting and street tree maintenance operations; guide response efforts to destructive diseases and insect pests; assist in emergency management and response; and provide information on the composition, distribution, benefits, and value of the inventoried population. The comprehensive tree inventory will be foundational component for completion of the Community Tree Management Plan.
Please click on the link to review the first phase of the Town road Right-of-Way completed by Davey Resource Group, LLC.
This grant opportunity will allow the Town of Amherst to start the process:
The Town will complete a comprehensive street tree inventory that includes trees and planting spaces on town right of ways and property. County and State roads will not be part of this project
- COMMUNITY TREE MANAGEMENT PLAN
The Community Tree Management Plan, will be based on tree inventory data to address environmental issues. This plan will provide a record and understanding of what currently exists while managing the future goals of the community.
- The development of budgets and work plans, including timelines and tasks, to meet that vision.
- The use of the tree inventory which identifies management needs i.e.) pruning rotations, removal implementation, and prioritization of work load.
- Storm preparedness and response planning.
- Invasive species preparedness and response.
- Planting plan to address the unique characteristics of the project location, such as: species diversity, understory plantings, erosion control, and brownfields that could be impacted with planting and would address local needs.
- Urban forest environmental benefit analysis of environmental issues such as: water quality, air quality, reduce urban heat island effect, energy efficiencies, storm water management, and health.
- SCHEDULE & EVENTS
- All Events have been postponed until further notice.
Information will be placed on this web page throughout the process. Any questions please contact email@example.com