- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for issuing licenses, processing license payments and updating dog status.
- New York State law requires all dogs four months old or older to be licensed and have updated rabies vaccinations.
- Town ordinance states that homeowners are allowed a maximum of three dogs per household.
- The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for issuing licenses, processing license payments and updating dog status only.
- Owners may contact the Animal Control Officers at 716-689-1311 for any other concerns regarding licensed or unlicensed dogs.
- Please notify the Town Clerk's Office when, for whatever reason (ex deceased, moved) your dog is no longer living in the town.
- Spayed/Neutered: $5.00
- Unspayed/Unneutered: $13.00
- One time/First/Replacement Tag Fee: $3.00
First Time Licensing
The Owner must:
- Complete the Dog License Application
- Provide proof of rabies vaccination (not to expire within 30 days of licensing)
- Include certificate of spay/neuter (if applicable)
- Include check or money order if mailing application
Annual renewals will be sent to the owner’s home from the Town Clerk's Office.
Renewals may be brought in or mailed to the Town Clerk's Office or completed through the new online dog renewal portal.
Online Dog Renewals
The Online Dog Renewal System will allow you to license your dog from any computer with access to the Internet. Please be assured that every precaution has been taken to ensure that your online transactions are safe and secure.
You may renew & pay for your dog license(s) online by using your MasterCard, Visa or Discover Credit Cards. You may also pay via Debit Card or Electronic Check. There is a $1.75 convenience fee added to allow for this online service.
Please keep in mind that this is a renewal system. If you are licensing your dog for the first time, you will need to come to the Town Clerk's office and present a valid rabies certificate as well as a spay or neuter certificate, if applicable.
Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have comments pertaining to this site. The Town of Amherst hopes that you find the online dog licensing feature to be a convenient and easy method to renew your dog’s license.