School Crossing Guard - PT (Part Time)
Description of Duties
- Stops traffic at crosswalks near school for the safety of school children only;
- Assists children crossing street going to and returning from school;
- Instructs younger children concerning the precautions to be taken when crossing streets;
- Controls vehicular and pedestrian traffic at school crossings;
- Observes and notes traffic violations of motorists while on crossing duty;
- Prepares reports of accidents occurring on their posts;
- Prepares daily reports as may be required from time to time.
Completion of eighth grade of school.
Not less than 21 years of age at the time of appointment. Satisfactory vision and hearing.
Rate of Pay
Must be available to work Mornings 7:15 am to 9:00 am and Afternoons 1:45 pm to 4:00 pm
How to Apply
Please be advised that there is a Local Law requiring Town of Amherst employees to be residents of the Town of Amherst.
Please be advised that the Amherst Town Board adopted Resolution 2021-561 on June 21, 2021 that eliminates the residency requirement for seasonal staff in the Youth & Recreation and Highway Departments and part-time staff in the Youth & Recreation Department, through December 31, 2022.
Non-Town residents may be eligible for Town employment in certain positions – please contact the Town of Amherst Human Resources Department to find out if you may be eligible.
Forms should be mailed or delivered to:
5583 Main St
Williamsville, NY 14221
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon-Fri)