Maintenance Worker (Full Time)
Description of Duties
- Performs miscellaneous repair jobs such as puttying window panes, adjusting window frames, hanging doors, installing and repairing door checks;
- Performs simple carpentry work such as installing and repairing cabinets, benches, shelves, desks, chairs;
- Performs simple electrical and plumbing installations and repair including repairing electrical fixtures, installing outlets, clearing stopped-up drain; installing water pipes and fixtures;
- Lays asphalt or cork tile, installs partitions, performs miscellaneous inside and outside painting, refinishes furniture, etc.;
- Cuts and fits pipes, installs new washers on faucets, locates and unplugs stoppage in plumbing;
- Repairs and maintains heating, plumbing and water lines;
- Assists in the installation, maintenance and repair of traffic signal equipment.
A) Graduation from a standard senior high or vocational school and one (1) year of full-time paid experience as a helper in one or more of the skilled trades; OR
B) Completion of elementary school education and five (5) years experience as a helper in one or more of the skilled trades; OR
C) An equivalent combination of training and experience.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full-time experience requirements.
Rate of Pay
How to Apply
Non-Town residents may be eligible for Town employment in certain positions – please contact the Town of Amherst Human Resources Department to find out if you may be eligible.
Forms should be mailed or delivered to:
5583 Main St
Williamsville, NY 14221
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon-Fri)