- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
The Community Development division of the Amherst Planning Department offers information and guidance for residents, homeowners and potential homeowners in the Town of Amherst. Find more information about services, housing assistance programs, rental assistance programs and weatherization programs in this area.
If you are in need of housing assistance or counseling on a housing matter, you can contact us at (716) 631-7082 or explore some of the links below.
In April 2020, Amherst submitted its Five Year Consolidated Plan to the Department of Housing and Urban Development, on behalf of the Amherst-Cheektowaga-Tonawanda HOME Consortium. The 2021 Annual Action Plan for Amherst covers the second year of the Five Year Consolidated Plan for 2020-2024; the Program Year runs from April 1, 2021 to March 31, 2022. Copies of the final Five Year Consolidated Plan and 2021 Annual Plan are on the Town’s website, in the Town's libraries, and the Village and Town Clerks' Office.
Also available (see below) is a copy of the Draft 2022 Annual Action Plan. This Plan is based upon the goals and objectives determined to meet the priority needs of the low-to-moderate income residents in the community. The first Public Hearing was held on this proposed Plan on October 18, 2021. The second Public Hearing will be held at the Town Board Meeting scheduled for January 18, 2022. The Draft 2022 Annual Action Plan is available for public review and comment at the Town’s Planning Department, Town and Village Clerk’s office and the four Town libraries until January 17, 2022. Comments may be submitted in writing to Amherst Community Development, 5583 Main Street, Williamsville, NY 14221 or at email@example.com until that date.
If additional copies of the Plan are requested we will be most happy to provide them. Please contact the Community Development Office at (716) 631-7082.
- FY2020 Consolidated Annual Performance and Evaluation Report (CAPER)
- Draft 2022 Annual Action Plan
- 2021 Annual Action Plan
- 2020 Annual Action Plan
- 2019 Analysis of Impediments to Fair Housing
- Five Year Consolidated Plan
- LMI Block Groups - HUD Release April 2019
Community Development Housing Assistance Programs
- Town of Amherst & Village of Williamsville Mortgage Assistance Program
- Town of Amherst Emergency Rental Assistance Program Information and Guidelines
- First-Time Homebuyer Program
- Housing Rehabilitation Program
- Weatherization Assistance Information
- Rental Assistance
- Amherst Affordable Housing
- Princeton Apartments
- Oxford Village Apartment (Allenhurst)
- Sutton Place Creekwoods
- Accessible Housing
- Amherst Affordable Housing
Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity
Click here for more information.