Laborer (Full Time)
Youth and Recreation
This position provides maintenance support to any one of a number of facilities within the department. Must be 18 years of age and have evening and weekend availability.
Description of Duties
- Cleans and services buildings by sweeping and mopping offices, halls, stairways, etc.;
- Waxes and buffs floors with mechanical equipment;
- Oils, lubricates or greases motors such as found in engine room, laundry, elevators, vehicles, etc.;
- Cleans lighting fixtures, replaces light bulbs, and washes windows, moves furniture and equipment and washes walls;
- Assists with outside work such as sweeping walks, shoveling snow, cutting lawns, trimming hedges, etc.;
- Loads and unloads trucks;
- Cleans and performs minor maintenance on trucks, tractors, other vehicles, including changing tires, checking fluid levels, etc.;
- Picks up and disposes trash or soiled linen;
- Complies with various Occupational Safety & Health Administration laws and regulations, including reading and understanding Material Safety Data Sheets relating to hazardous materials and other substances;
- Delivers clean linen;
- Acts as a messenger;
- May occasionally act as a crew leader for part-time, seasonal and less senior personnel in training.
- Applicants must be able to perform moderately heavy physical labor and be able to read, write and understand the English language.
NOTE: Verifiable part-time and/or volunteer experience will be pro-rated toward meeting full time experience requirements.
Rate of Pay
Eric Guzdek - 716-631-7132 Ext. 7512
How to Apply
Non-Town residents may be eligible for Town employment in certain positions – please contact the Town of Amherst Human Resources Department to find out if you may be eligible.
Application for Employment, Reference Release & Research Questionnaire
Forms should be mailed or delivered to:
5583 Main St
Williamsville, NY 14221
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM (Mon-Fri)