- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- 2020 Town of Amherst International Festival
- Decorative Treatment for Traffic Signal Cabinets Initiative
- Nomination form for 2020 Amherst Awards for the Arts
- Tiny Doors
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 2
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Snyder – Harlem & Main Street Rezonings
- South Campus Intermunicipal Planning Framework
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
- Town of Amherst Emergency Operations Center, Planning Division
Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
Town Board Meeting, July 26, 2021 – 2021 Amherst Agriculture and Farmland Protection Plan Public Hearing
Video Series Walks Applicants Through CFAP 2 Application
Farmers.gov sent this bulletin at 06/08/2021 10:30 AM EDT
We know forms can be daunting. That’s why our video series provides a step-by-step look at form AD-3117, the Coronavirus Food Assistance Program 2 (CFAP 2) application. Farm Service Agency staff talk through each section of the form in eight simple videos, from the producer agreement to information that is commodity specific.
We are currently accepting new and modified CFAP 2 applications. Visit farmers.gov/cfap to learn more about the program and how to apply, then watch our CFAP 2 Application Instructions videos for support filling out your application. You can also work directly with FSA staff at your local USDA Service Center for personalized, one-on-one assistance with completing your application.
Agriculture has played a significant role in the Town of Amherst since its founding 1818. Extensive development has reduced the number of farms in the Town, but Amherst remains dedicated to the importance of agriculture in maintaining a vibrant, economically diversified, and healthy community.
The Town is now preparing an Agricultural and Farmland Protection Plan to ensure that the remaining farmland is protected and to envision new and creative ways to keep agriculture economically viable going forward. New trends are emerging, and we are seeking input from the experts and the public about innovative markets and opportunities for the Town’s agricultural community. Initial ideas include community supported agriculture (CSA), agri-tourism, agricultural educational events/crafts, farm-to-table opportunities and specialty crops (hops, flowers, hemps, alpaca fiber, etc.).
The final product will include a Farmland Protection Plan to inventory existing agricultural assets in the Town and identify priority areas for protection, along with methods for accomplishing that goal. The Agricultural Development component will focus on a feasibility analysis for the adaptive reuse of the North Amherst Recreation Center as part of an agriculture incubator and business park, an analysis on emerging agricultural industries, and a draft guide for how the Town can establish an agri-tourism initiative.
Want to Get Involved?
We are now seeking public input and encourage you to contact us to provide your ideas and recommendation. Due to the ongoing pandemic, the outreach will be accomplished through social meeting and teleconferences. The Town would love your input. One of the best ways to provide your input, is to complete this short, online survey by clicking www.amherst.ny.us/farmlandsurvey
Timeline for Completion
This Agriculture and Farmland Protection Plan, the first ever in the Town of Amherst, is being funded through a grant provided by the New York State Department of Agriculture and Markets. The Town hired Wendel Companies as the lead consultant on the project, with WWS Planning and Camoin 310 acting as sub-consultants.
Tuesday, March 23, 2021 at 7:00 pm
Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Steering Committee-4th Meeting
Thursday, March 5, 2020 7: 00 pm
Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Steering Committee Kick-Off Meeting
Kickoff Meeting Summary
STAKEHOLDER ANNOUNCEMENT: USDA Rural Development Launches COVID-19 Resource Webpage
WASHINGTON, March 27, 2020 – USDA Rural Development has launched a COVID-19 resource page to keep our customers, partners, and stakeholders continuously updated on actions taken by the Agency to help rural residents, businesses, and communities impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak. Visit www.rd.usda.gov/coronavirus for information on Rural Development loan payment assistance, application deadline extensions, and more.
COVID -19 Consideration to expedite Site Plan Approval for Commercial Farms and Agribusiness expansion
Article & Media
Amherst Planning Department
5583 Main Street
Williamsville, NY 14221