- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- Assessor's Office
- Building Department
- Soils and Residential Foundation Study
- Zombie and Vacant Property Remediation and Prevention Initiative
- Engineering Department
- Dellwood-Sattler Green Infrastructure and Park Improvements
- Joint Consolidation Agreements for Sewer Districts and Stormwater Districts
- Royal Park Improvement Project
- Sidewalk Information
- Highway Department
- Other Agencies - NFTA
- Planning Department
- Amherst Central Park
- Amherst Comprehensive Plan / Plan Amendments
- Audubon Development Plan Update
- Boulevard Central District (Opportunity Zone)
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 1
- Boulevard Central District Zoning Updates in Sector 2
- Canandaigua-Niagara Falls ('Peanut Line')
- Context-Sensitive Highway Design Project
- Eggertsville Action Plan
- Farmland Protection and Agricultural Development Plan
- Imagine Amherst
- Local Waterfront Revitalization Program (LWRP)
- Proposed Westwood Neighborhood Project
- Snyder Action Plan
- Snyder – Harlem & Main Street Rezonings
- South Campus Area Streetscapes Plan
- South Campus Intermunicipal Planning Framework
- Transit Road Corridor Management Study
- Willow Ridge/Parkview Action Plan
- Zoning Amendments – Mixed-Use Districts
- Town of Amherst Emergency Operations Center, Planning Division
Amherst Central Park
Centrally located in the Town of Amherst and comprised of 171-acres, Amherst Central Park will soon become a premier community asset as the Town transforms the parcel to become a safe and inclusive space for individuals of all ages to play, learn, reflect, gather, engage and enjoy in perpetuity.
The Amherst Central Park Plan derived from a multi-year participatory planning process involving municipal leaders, residents, community stakeholders and consultants. The developed plan boasts a multi-use park drawing on natural resources, environmental sciences, the fine arts, recreation and historic preservation.
Park Design Workshop: June-July 2020
To initiate the planning Dover, Kohl & Partners led a series of workshop meetings during the week of June 29 to July 2 in 2020. The following plans and video recording show the progress of the workshop and a presentation to the Town Board.
- Presentation to the Amherst Town Board – July 2, 2020
- Westwood Property
- Amherst Central Park Master Plan – October 12, 2021
Approximate length of the video is 1 hour.
Town Board Actions
Acquisition of former Westwood Country Club
Consisting of 171-acres and described as 772 North Forest Road, SBL # 68.01-1-1 and 68.010-1-1.2, 385 Maple Road, SBL #55.18-4-9 and 391 Maple Road, SBL #55.18-4-10
Alienation of Parkland
The Amherst Central Park plan was developed with consideration of including the Audubon Recreation Center in the overall concept to create a 325-acre center of community recreation and civic life.
The Town of Amherst alienated 93 acres of parkland that was part of the Audubon Recreational Complex. The following are documents related to the alienation.
- Town Board Resolution 2019-611
- Town Board Resolution 2019-617
- Town Board Resolution 2019-760
- Alienation Packet Submitted to NY State
- Revised Legal Description- Reduced Alienation 93 Acres
Local Waterfront Revitalization Program
The Town of Amherst is forming a Local Waterfront Revitalization Plan (“LWRP”) in accordance with a process established by the New York State Department of State. The plan provides guidance for recreation, land use, and environmental needs along Tonawanda Creek and Ellicott Creek, which borders the Amherst Central Park project. Use the following link to learn more about the LWRP and the planning process.