- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Fire Prevention Permits – Temporary Propane Installation
Please be advised that all Temporary Propane installations require a completed Amherst Building Department Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane Application. Requirements for submitting a Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane Application are found below.
The Town of Amherst recommends using our Online Permit Application portal (Amherst Permits, Inspections & Inquiries). In person applications may require an appointment and result in delays in the application process.
- Completed Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane application
- Completed Temporary Propane Installation – Site Plan Layout
- Shall comply with NFPA 58, 2017 Edition*
- Shall comply with 2020 Fire Code of NYS: Chapter 61 - Liquified petroleum gases*
- No smoking signs shall be posted
- Installed on stable, non-combustible, level base
- Area clear of dry grass, weeds, and other combustible material within 10’ of the container
Failure to comply with #A-#E above can result in fines and/or court appearance tickets.
Failure to comply will result in revocation of permit and temporary propane shall be removed from site immediately.
*If you have any specific questions regarding the Fire Code or the NFPA standard
please contact the Fire Safety Division at (716) 631-7140 or email email@example.com
- Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane - $100.00
- Completed Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane Application Application Form
The applicant must complete an Amherst Building Department Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane Application. This online form allows the applicant to electronically complete this application and download the completed form (in PDF format). A printable application and printable site plan layout is also available.
- Submission process
Once you have completed the Fire Prevention Permit – Temporary Propane Application, you are ready to proceed to the Town of Amherst Online Permit Submission Portal. This online portal requires a registered user account. You may also choose to apply by mail or in person (please see instructions below).
To apply online:
- If you have not registered, please proceed to the online portal user registration page. The registration process and email confirmation can be accomplished in a few minutes. Once you have received your user account confirmation via email, you may proceed to the online portal login page.
- If you have already registered, please proceed to the online portal login page.
- When you reached the application page, you must attach the completed application in the attachments section.
- If you choose to apply by mail or in person, you must include a completed application form and the temporary propane installation – site plan layout, AND a check made out to the Town of Amherst with the accurate fee amount. As noted above, in person applications may require an appointment and result in delays in the application process.