- Assessor's Office
- Attorney's Office
- Building Department
- Central Fire Alarm
- Comptroller's Office
- Contract Compliance & Administration
- Department of Information Technology
- Economic Development
- Emergency Services & Safety
- Engineering Department
- Finance Department
- Highway Department
- Human Resources
- Office of the Supervisor
- Planning Department
- Police Department
- Senior Services
- Town Clerk
- Town Court
- Youth and Recreation Department
Property Manager License
In the summer of 2019, Chapter 43 of Amherst Town Code – Property Manager was adopted and tasked the Town of Amherst Building Department with enforcing the new Property Manger License & Rental Unit Registration requirements. An essential purpose of this law is to create a point of contact for rental properties creating a transparent relationship between the property owner and the Building Department ensuring that rental units are safe and that the surrounding neighborhood is minimally impacted by transient living and absentee owners. For more information on the rules and regulations, please follow the link below.
The Town of Amherst recommends using our Online Permit Application portal (Amherst Permits, Inspections & Inquiries). In person applications may require an appointment and result in delays in the application process.
- Property Manager License - $75.00
- Completed Property Manager License Application Form
The agent must complete an Amherst Building Department Property Manager License Application form. This online form allows the Homeowner to electronically complete this application and download the completed form (in PDF format). A printable application is also available.
- Submission process
Once you have completed the Property Manager License Application, you are ready to proceed to the Town of Amherst Online Permit Submission Portal. This online portal requires a registered user account. You may also choose to apply by mail or in person (please see instructions below).
To apply online:
- If you have not registered, please proceed to the online portal user registration page. The registration process and email confirmation can be accomplished in a few minutes. Once you have received your user account confirmation via email, you may proceed to the online portal login page.
- If you have already registered, please proceed to the online portal login page.
- When you reached the application page, you must attach the completed application in the attachments section.
- If you choose to apply by mail or in person, you must include a completed application form AND a check made out to the Town of Amherst with the accurate fee amount. As noted above, in person applications may require an appointment and result in delays in the application process.