- 9/11 Commemoration Committee
- Amherst Central Park Task Force
- Amherst Committee on Disabilities
- Amherst Community Diversity Commission
- Amherst Conservation Advisory Council
- Amherst Government Financial Advisory Board
- Amherst Industrial Development Agency
- Amherst Veterans Committee
- Arts and Culture in Public Places Board
- Board of Assessment Review
- Board of Electrician Examiners
- Board of Ethics
- Board of Plumbing and Drainage Examiners
- Clean Energy Community Committee
- Design Advisory Board
- Employee Extended Sick Leave With Pay Committee
- Employee Suggestion Program Merit Award Board
- Employee Suggestion Review Committee
- Energy Conservation Citizens Advisory Committee
- FOIL Board
- Glen Park Joint Board
- Historic Preservation Commission
- Information Technology Advisory Committee
- Invasive Plant Species Committee
- Library Board of Trustees
- Minority / Woman Owned Business in Amherst
- Open Government Advisory Board
- Planning Board
- Records Management Advisory Board
- Recreation Commission
- Recycling and Waste Committee
- Senior Services Advisory Board
- Town Board
- Traffic Safety Board
- Tree Board
- Youth Board
- Zoning Board of Appeals
Historic Preservation Commission
- Certificate of Appropriateness (Architectural Review)
- Certificate of Appropriateness (Signage)
- Certificate of Appropriateness (Site Plan Review)
- Application of Landmark Designation
National Park Service, Secretary of Interior Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- National Park Service, The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties
- National Park Service, The Secretary of the Interior’s Standards for the Treatment of Historic Properties, Rehabilitation as a Treatment
The powers of the Commission shall include:
(1) To recommend designation of historic landmarks, sites and districts to the Town Board for its consideration.
(2) To advise and recommend to the Town Board on matters of employment of staff and professional consultants as necessary to carry out the duties of the Commission.
(3) To promulgate rules and regulations as necessary for the conduct of its business.
(4) To adopt criteria for the identification of significant historic architectural and cultural landmarks and or for the delineation of historic districts.
(5) To conduct surveys of significant historic, architectural and cultural landmarks within the town.
(6) To make recommendations to the Town Board on the acceptance or donation of facade easements and development rights, the acquisition of facade easements and development rights or other interests in real property as necessary to carry out the purposes of this chapter.
(7) To increase public awareness of the value of historic, cultural and architectural preservation by developing and participating in education programs.
(8) To make recommendations to the Town Board concerning the utilization of state, federal or private funds to promote the preservation of landmarks and historic districts within the town.
(9) To recommend acquisition of a landmark or structure by the town where its preservation is essential to the purposes of this chapter and where private preservation is not feasible.
(10) To approve or disapprove applications for certificates of appropriateness, subject to review by the Building Commissioner pursuant to this chapter.
- Please see "Amherst Town Code, Chapter 19: Code of Ethics, Section 6: Disclosure Statement" for information describing both the Long Form Disclosures and Short Form Disclosures.
- Short Form Disclosure
- Long Form Disclosure
Deborah Bruch Bucki RN, PhD, Councilmember
Susan Palmer (C) term expires 12/31/2023
Catherine A. Waterman-Kulpa (V) term expires 12/31/2023
Norman J. Hirschey (M) term expires 12/31/2025
Jennifer Kensy (M) term expires 12/31/2025
Mary Lou Mancuso (M) term expires 12/31/2022
Paul Redding (M) term expires 12/31/2022
Brian Swartz (M) term expires 12/31/2024
Gail Adema (O)
Robert C. Beiswanger (O) term expires 12/31/2023
Joseph Buscaglia (O)
Ann Demopoulos (O)
Dan Howard (O)
Jay T. Kajdas (O) term expires 12/31/2023
Robert Marcus (O)
James Quinn (O)
Carrie Stiver (O)
Jitendra Vaidya (O) term expires 12/31/2023
Kevin J. Zynda (O) term expires 12/31/2023
(O) Resource Person
(V) Vice Chairperson
Amherst Municipal Building
5583 Main St, Williamsville, NY 14221
To verify, please call (716) 631-7013.
Tue., January 11, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., February 8, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., March 8, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., April 12, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., May 10, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., June 7, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., August 9, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., September 13, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., October 11, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., November 8, 2022, 07:00 PM
Tue., December 13, 2022, 07:00 PM